Come join me on this journey for the next forty-days of me learning what it means to respect my husband. Nina Roesner is the author of The Respect Dare book and Ephesians 5:33 “However, the text also applies to each of you individually: let each man love his wife as he does himself, and see that the wife respects her husband.”
The part where it says “see that the wife respects her husband” is the main focus in her book that guides us wives to learn to respect our husband that so many of us seem to have forgotten to obey this command by God. I myself am very guilty of not always respecting my husband. This is why I am asking God and The Holy Spirit to guide me on this journey of not only learning to respect my husband but also learning to obey God first and not my feelings.
So before we begin here is a little more of what you can expect on this journey if you want to join me too.
“Tired of wondering what works? Want to communicate better with your husband? Want to increase intimacy with him? Want proven results from real women?”
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery–but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.”
“What if the application of one little verse in the Bible could turn your marriage around? We’ve seen it happen literally hundreds of times!”
“Research speaks very clearly about how important respect is to men. But even followers of Christ struggle with how to implement this concept of respecting their husbands in their marriage”. “And we also wonder how the concept of “mutual respect” comes into play. ” “We’re told by our culture that respect should be earned, but the Bible says we should unconditionally respect our husbands.”
“When we aren’t respectful to our husbands, we misrepresent Christ and the church–marriage is more about being like Jesus than anything else.” ” We are called to be a reflection of the life of Christ – as God made us in His image.”
“Admittedly, this is difficult to do! That’s why there’s The Respect Dare.” “There’s much at stake, however – it’s mind-blowing to consider that Christ’s reputation is affected by our marriages.”
“The Respect Dare is over 200 pages of:
- True stories of application from the lives of real wives who’ve seen radical change in their own marriage and relationship with God
- Practical advice about “What Works” – to increase the connection between you and your husband
- Tangible ideas that can save your marriage if it’s in trouble or simply improve it if it’s already good
- Spiritual growth concepts and opportunities to apply them – no matter where you are on your journey
- Easy small-group discussion questions
- Self-assessment and reflection along the way
- 40 dares in daily format to take your marriage and spirituality to the next level
- Access to free additional marriage information to keep you motivated when you are done with the book.”
So wont you sit back relax and come take this journey with me and let’s see where God and the Holy Spirit leads me or us.
“If you are just joining us, I am doing “The Respect Dare” 40 day challenge along with the ladies at Unbroken Women and others.”
“Also make sure you are visiting The Unbroken Women to enter to win gifts and be entered to win the Kindle Fire. Check out the following two links specifically:
Love Always One Of God’s Children 7/10/2013